aThe need and importance of reproductive health education in the context of Nepal is described as followings.
- Parents do not seem to eager to discuss sex with their children when they talk is about it, to little too late.
- Adolescents said that they could be open about sex with parents
- Parents have not information to give to the children
- Peers and friends may also have little accurate knowledge about basic fact of reproduction
- Need to correct the main information adolescent believe in
- Reproductive health education can give the correct and factual information to prevent unsafe sexual behaviour, HIV/AIDS and STL, sexual abuse, adolescences pregnancy, unwanted pregnancy and child birth, unsafe abortion, getting larger family size and so on.
- Reproductive health education assists the youth in learning how to cope with physical, emotional and social changes
- Reproductive health education helps in the developing knowledge, values and skills necessary for adult life, marriage, parenthood and participation in the life of the community.